Thursday, December 18, 2008

a new addition to the family.....

We found out on the 5th of November that we are expecting our second child in July. Sorry Dad this is why I forgot to call you on your birthday. I was a bit overwhelmed as you can all imagine. we were not planning to try for another baby for at least another 6 months. We really wanted to get through Jackson's second birthday before we added another. I am such a planner and with this pregnancy I feel as though nothing can be planned. I am not God, so I know nothing about how Jackson's health is going to go and I also have no idea how this pregnancy is going to go either.

To top it off I have been incredibly sick with this one. I haven't been able to eat normally or drink enough. I have been puking since Thanksgiving weekend. I don't know if this is God telling me I did everything right with the first one, or what? But I have got the point already. I promise... Most people are telling me it means I am having a girl. Good thing I don't believe in the wives tales. That way I won't get my hopes up.

on November 23rd we had an ultrasound to find out the babies exact due date. when you are not trying you don't keep track of the things you are suppose too at all. It was simply amazing to see the 2 cm big baby with a profile, little arm buds and a beating heart. She told us it had a healthy heart beat too at 183 bpm.

We have talked to the doctor and she is on board to help me have as normal as a pregnancy as possible. She said she doesn't want to have me in every week unless she has too. So we are doing things like normal unless they turn otherwise. So far so good. She will do a couple more ultrasounds than normal...but hey, who am I to complain about seeing my baby more than once in 9 months. We have other decisions to make about testing and delivery, but we will wait until then to decide these things.

I am sure you are all wondering....we have no more chance than the average person to have Jackson's issues repeat. we have a 3% chance. everyone says that I should be happy I am sick...it means hormone levels are high and baby development in healthy too. I am happy about that, but by no means does it make me happy about being sick.

So we have alot to be grateful for this holiday season and we are excited to finally share it with all of our dedicated readers.

6 comments:

Rhoda Wickey said...

Congratulations. I pray that God blesses you with a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Jill H said...

congrats to you & your family, Nichole!!! how awesome :)

darcy said...

Yeah!! Glad you posted about it! And we've been praying this pregnancy and the baby are going to be just amazingly easy. =) I just hope the sickies are over soon!

Darinifer said...

Nice pee stick.

I'm really excited for you and can't wait 'til you're feeling up to it to make and store meals!! We'll have lots of fun and maybe it will put me right into labor!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this means I can tell everyone I know that Jackson is going to be a big brother!!! So happy for you guys, I know it's no good, but I was super sick for the first 3 months with our sweet baby, so keep it up! :)

Jewel said...

Nichole---congratulations! As you know, I too am preggo, and I've had the morning sickness! Yes, people say "that's a good sign" but it's definitely not fun!!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!