Friday, April 25, 2008
he still is getting use to the poop on his but so we get really fussy when he has a poopy diaper, but other than that he is incredibly happy and laughs. right now would not be one of those moments. hehe:):)
we are headed to the hospital here in Elkhart today to have blood draw. we are doing it to follow up. wish us luck
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Then today he got the post card that was to come with the balloons. He spent a little time reading it but then it went straight to his mouth.
As you can see Jackson is doing well and has been happier in the last couple of days than we have seen him before. I think it's all of the attention he gets from the nurses around here.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
hope this makes you all feel better he is totally back to normal...smiling laughing and reading books with dad and updating caringbridge with mom.
hope you all enjoy the pictures and grandma corrine he is a book lover.. loves to grab the pages and listen to daddy read to daddy read to him.
Monday, April 07, 2008
this morning I have been asking God to stop my excessive thoughts, praying peace over Jackson and I *in my worries he has been fussy, I am sure he senses my stress* and wisdom over the doctors involved tomorrow. I will update the caringbridge site after the surgery is finished. If you could all lift us up in the prayer...I KNOW IT WILL BE FELT.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
What did you do last night? drove to indianapolis and then hung out with Conrad and Jenna and went to bed
The last thing you downloaded onto your computer? pictures
Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? of course..
Last time you swam in a pool? June of 2001
What are you wearing? khakis and a knit top
How many cars have you owned? never actually owned my own
Type of music you dislike most? i really like all kinds of music ...
Are you registered to vote? yessiree
Do you have cable? YEP
What kind of computer do you use? gateway
Ever made a prank phone call? for sure ...
You like anyone right now? YEP MY SON AND MY HUSBAND
Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? Bungee Jump
Furthest place you ever traveled? New York
What's your favorite comic strip? family circus
Do u know all the words to the national anthem? yes
Shower, morning or night? mornings
Favorite pizza toppings? sausage
Chips or popcorn? popcorn
What cell phone provider do you have? verizon wireless
Have you ever smoked peanut shells? what? no ...
Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? yep but it wasn't called a beauty pageant
Orange Juice or apple? orange
Who were the last people you sat at lunch with? my son
favorite chocolate bar? snickers ...
Who is your longest friend and how long? Stacy-5 years
Have you ever won a trophy? yes
Favorite arcade game? Pac Man
Ever ordered from an infomercial? NO oh wait I think TAEBO came from one..
Sprite or 7-UP? 7-up
Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? yes
Last thing you bought at Walgreens? baby wipes on the way back from MN, we ran out with all the puking..
SPONGEBOB OR JIMMY NEUTRON? I have never watched either...don't plan on it either what i have heard about spongebob I am not interested.
Did you have long hair as a young kid? yes, i did
Where would you like to go right now? ANYWHERE WARM
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
1. Every time they say Jackson has to have a blood draw...I cringe around here, actually to tell you the truth anywhere, because NO ONE ( Let me repeat NO ONE!!!) can find his little veins. It is excruciating as a parent to sit an watch you baby look at you with those baby eyes, that just scream help me and not be able to do anything.
2. So every now and then when we are in the hospital it feels as though I get a break. Especially at Riley because the nurses know what they are doing. Unfortunately here at Elkhart there is so much they don't know, or at least don't commonly deal with, that I haven't really felt like I have gotten any kind of a break. I feel more like a nuisance.
3. Yesterday Adrian brought me a sandwich I was so pumped because he had gotten me the same exact sub the night before and then when he brought it to me I opened it to find out they had used different Chicken..those darn subway people spoiled the brightest part of my day. Sad I know that getting lunch from Subway was the brightest part of my day.
4. back to the blood draw. the other excruciating part is that every time they come to do it, they send a new member of the blind mice squad. that is what I like to call them. They feel, Jab and then move it around as my baby screams at the top of his lungs. There has only been twice out of lets say 7 times I think that they have gotten on the first stick. He looks like a human pin cushion.
5. We are waiting for a a new kidney scan and this morning the lady came in at 6:45 and woke me up to tell me that she was going to inject a small amount of Radioactivity into my child. I wanted my response to be "don't you think he has enough problems that you could avoid making him radioactive" but instead it came out like this "what do you want to that for". I think i jumped about 3 feet when she woke me up, she looked more startled then I felt.
Well that is all i have for today. Random not so amusing musings from the hospital. I am sure I will have more stories to tell in the near future. I either just can't remember them or they are soon to happen through out today. Have a great one.