Friday, September 03, 2010

On the home front

 ok after much deliberation...with my self...I decided to go with my original idea in Avenlea's room.  I fell in love with some fabric a long time ago and I have been pondering making her a quilt...I gave in a decided to make her some curtains.  GOT and absolute steal on the fabric....so this changed the whole decor of her room.  I have witnessed too many of my mommy friends not having much of a say in there kiddo's rooms once they are a little older so I decided to take advantage early.  I have been loving all the owl stuff here recently...so I am in the process of making a couple of owl pillows...fashioned after a few I found on etsy and in the anthropologie and pottery barn links.  Plus I had to take advantage of my friend Diann and her amazing freehand I might add, paintings.  isn't she fabulous. 

just a few more butterflies to go.  I tried my hand at one last night...it is pretty good, if I say so myself.  We are working hard on saving money on all of these decorating things...cuz you know....we just paid for basically a new basement.  So I am proud to say with Diann's help...we spent nothing on paint...used up some of the nursery colors by making our own.  It definitely got frustrating at times and down right funny others.  especially when I attempted to make a primary color out of non primaries.  I know, I know, you already now it didn't work...but it was a nice attempt right?  

The rest of our basement is coming along nicely.  We got the trim up last week and we are now doing some touch up painting.  on the trim and painting one of our built ins too, which is going to be toy storage.  Got some baskets today for a grand total of yes let me say it 15 dollars.  four of them!!!  and wait to you see them...they will just be perfect in the spot.  Already started sorting the toys into them.  I am also taking pictures so that Jackson can help put the toys away in there appropriate baskets. 

We also made the decision to carpet the stairs, after a very informative conversation with my sister in law.  I decided it was to risky to put wood in the entry.  The risk of just someones shoe with a stone destroying it made all the work not worth it.  So we are carpeting both flights.  We remembered we had a remnant from when we moved in for the upstairs ones...and yes wait for it...it was JUST THE RIGHT SIZE!!!  GOtta love that when it happens.  I am starting to feel the tides shifting, we might be in for less gloomy times ahead.  So as the lists start to get smaller and smaller...we scheduled the rest of the carpet to be put in next Thursday. 

On the preschool front....HE LOVES IT!!! he gets excited to go and he has been doing so much.  HE is clearer when he talks, and he has started eating alot of things.  I am going to cry when I write this...but he ate Chicken last night with no gagging and even asked for more.  WE have eaten up to 10 grapes at a time and he is always wanting what everyone else is having.  I am thinking we might not have to wait until his graduation Grandma Corrine, before you get to fix him one of his favorite meals.  HE has even started to try to drink out of a cup.  Preschool, all though not really extremely challenging to Jack in the normal school stuff....has been an amazing motivation in the speech therapy realm.  I don't think I could have asked for anything better!!!  The unfortunately news is that Jackson is going to have to have another surgery.  HE has had bone growing over the plates in his legs for about 6 months now and the Doc's say we can't wait any longer.  We got a second opinion and both docs agree...So on September 29th we will be headed down for yet another surgery.  WE are happy to share this one will NOT include a cast.  only a few days of no jumping or falling in Jackson's case.  Low key activities for a couple of weeks. 

That is about it.  Looking forward to unloading the garage and setting up our new basement family/play rooms and we will get pictures up as soon as it is ready. 

2 comments:

The Lantzes said...

I am loving the mural!!!! It looks so great!

darcy said...

Her wall looks awesome! Excited to see the rest of it. =)