Thursday, May 18, 2006

Puppy hospital & God's blessings

My baby today...ended up in the puppy hospital. Last thursday evening. Macy ate a battery...to be specific a duracell AA. the coppertop...don't worry I have heard all the jokes by now. Well we have been monitoring poop and behavior all weekend and she hasn't been successful in dispensing of it on her own..so today Adrian made the appropriate, however extremely expensive, decision to take her to the vet. They gave her sedatives to take xrays, then did blood work to check to make sure she wasn't having kidney or liver failure. At this point I was feeling like the worlds worst mother ever...Then I got a call from adrian that they had still not had success in the enema removal process...after three. She is lucky to be hydrated after three enemas...the vet also said that her stomach lining had been damaged and she had swelling and irritation of her throat and esphagus. He also believes that she has ate other things as well. Adrian saw the xrays at the Vet and he believes she also ate a rock and that the Battery is no longer in her. Her blood work came back fine, but she still has not passed whatever is inside her and it is damaging her intestines the longer it sits in there. My baby is in alot of pain and i can't do anything for her. My heart breaks...I will be a basket case when I have children. I already know.

The cool thing was when I called my dad...he was really cute and said that God cares about puppies too and to shoot him a prayer. it was also one of the first times i remember ever talking to my dad about his faith...We talked and little about some of the amazing things God has done for our family in the past too. I felt truely blessed to have had that conversation. One great thing that came out of rotten circumstances. Right? The funny part of the conversation was when he started expaining child rearing, and babies to me. He made me laugh and that is what i needed. He reassured me that I wouldn't be a bad mom and that I just needed to watch my dog and pick up my house. Adrian and I agree...we spent some time tonight clearing off tables and putting clothes away...the vet thinks Macy also may have eaten a sock.

We have been blessed with a crazy dog...but she has been through so much in 9 months I am way to attatched to let her go. So please send up a lil' prayer for Macy.

This weekend we spent hanging out with friends which we hadn't done in a while. God truely blessed us. On Friday night we went to the "Takeaway me"concert at the Old Goshen Theatre. It was fun to have a date night. Then Saturday I was up at 5:30 AM (that would be crazy early in the morning) to go to work at the group home.. the ladies needed to be at there special olympics bus at 7:30. then i got to have breakfast with my old roomie...Lynette at Grandmas in Dunlap. yumyum. Then I was off to scrapbook at the GMS media center with a bunch of gals from school til about 5pm...I have no been up for almost 12 hours, but haven't hit a wall yet. Then Adrian called and asked if we wanted to head to our friends Miranda and Alex's for a BBQ. I said sure and we headed over. we hung out played some corn- hole and then came home...when I hit my wall at about 9 pm. He let me fall asleep on the couch. Then Sunday we got up and went to church.

Church turn in to a great message, one that we definitely needed to hear about finances. Then we went over to Jen and Darin Schrock's for lunch with the Morningstar's and the Rumfelt's. Then we decided to start going back to a small group a while back and it finally worked out to go to Gretchen and Luke's on Sunday. It was a blessing afterwards to hear Adrian say "today was a great day". We were blessed to have wonderful people around us and to have a genuine and fun time with them all. Something we have been missing for a while. God blessed us in a big way on Sunday.

I woke up this morning with a new joy that I haven't felt in a while. even with Macy's problems today that joy is still there. I got the news today about Macy while I was hanging out with a new great friend and she was so supportive...Thanks Toby. So far tonight we are heading back to the vet tomorrow. I am not sure what happens next if the thing doesn't pass...possibly surgery. please pray that is not the way it needs to go. We can't afford it and my baby is only 9months old...no surgery please. Remember as my dad says, God loves puppies too.

1 comment:

darcy said...

I hope that Macy is feeling better!! Update soon so we know how she's doing. =/ Hang in there, Nic!! She'll be okay!!

Didn't comment on your last post.. your pages look GREAT!!!