Monday, August 07, 2006

We made it a year!!!

I can't believe it has already been a year. We both agreed it has been a year of ups and downs, but the good things stick out above the rough.

We didn't due much do to having to save money to cover our sewer and water switch over. I especially enjoyed just spending the entire day together. It is so infrequent that we get to spend a whole day together. I am amazed at how much the little things mean to me lately. We then had a great time at small group that evening and also stopped by to see a cousin of Adrian' s who hasn't been in town for over four years.

On saturday night I spoke in church too. I have never felt so uneasy or unprepared about a message before. But I assume God was teaching me a lesson on Trust due to my message being about trust. It went really well once I got started. It is amazing to me how God uses our stories and our struggles to help others. I got to meet new people and it was simply by sharing a common struggle about trust wounds. Just being honest bonded me with a group of people I really didn't know well at all. God amazes me so often. I am just blessed to be a part of His work.

I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in year two.

No comments: