Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Macy

I have the most adorable puppy ever. I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Something that doesn't happen often lately. Macy came walking up to me with her water bowl in her mouth. Now this didn't completely surprise me, since she had done this before. But this time however, she had a bowl that was half full and the water was sloshing out every direction as she waddled over. All i could do is laugh, and of course clean up the water. I have never had such a love-hate relationship before. I love my puppy with all my heart. But man when she scratches me in the face because she is so excited to see me. I am so happy, yet so mad at the same time. It has gotten really hard with Adrian in busy season. If i have any after school activity I have to make arrangements to have let Macy out and then she is extremely hyper when we get home. Plus my heart breaks leaving her in her kennel all day. This whole senario has really got me thinking about a baby vs a dog. They both have there pros and cons. A baby you can take with you and rarely do you get told there are no babies allowed. Most of the time people are elated to see a baby. Puppies however you can leave at home for a duration equal to the size of their bladder.
This is a very small amount of time early in their life. hehe :) Both can love you back in different ways of course. There are many more pros and cons. For now i am extremely happy to have a puppy with the expenses of dog toys and food and four scheduled vet visits. Over a baby with sooooo many expenses. The baby will come in due time. For now my puppy is excellent birth control.

No comments: